Thursday, June 17, 2010

Woo Hoo! E3!

My two favorite times of the year are Christmas and of course E3. These are probably the best two events of the year IMO. Who doesn't want to hear what Nintendo, Sony, and M$ are up to.
This year seems to be about which company can try and take what Nintendo has built with casual gamers. M$' Kinect IMO was probably the most disappointing thing about E3. I pretty much just skipped over that part of the presentation. Other than that on the M$ side I am excited about GoW3 and Halo Reach. It's about time GoW3 had a four player co-op. You think Cliffy would have implemented that in the last game. Better late than never right. Last month I had a chance to play the Halo Reach Beta because of Johnny. It was fun but I don't see myself playing Reach as much as I played the past Halo games multi-player. The video of the single player campaign was really meh. It was everything that you pretty much expect from a Halo game. I was hoping Bungie was going to show us something that would get us excited for Halo Reach. Space Jet fights IMO isn't really a selling point for the game. I'm much more excited for GoW3.

On the Sony side of things. It seems that Sony was a little bit smarter with their motion controller. They're not only trying to market to the casual gamer but they're making sure that the hardcore gamer still feels the love. I'm getting the move because Sony will be implementing it with games like Killzone 3 and Resident Evil 4 Gold Edition. Smart move Sony. On the Sony side I'm excited for Gran Turismo 4 and Killzone 3. With all of Sony's early leaks I was hoping for somewhat of a better show. I wanted to hear news about Resistance 3 and The Last Guardian. I also wanted to know if Sony was really going to make HD remakes of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. I've never played any Sly Cooper games but if there's a demo I'm willing to give it a try. Also, Little Big Planet 2 sounds promising. Especially if I can create levels with the Move controller.

Yes! Nintendo can do! Not sound like a huge Nintendo Fan Boy but Nintendo outside of the technical fluk with Zelda had an awesome press conference. Every single game that they showed on their screen I wanted to play. Except for Golden Sun. I never played the first two so I'm not sure what the hype is all about. The show stopper was definitely the Nintendo 3DS. I can't even use the 3D part because of my one eye. However, the idea of owning a DS system with GC graphics sounds really awesome to me. The most disappointing thing though was that they don't have the color white as a choice right now. I'm sure it'll come eventually, fingers crossed.

What do you guys think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment