Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Where are the games?

Well, at least the ones I like?  And specifically, the ones that push PC's?  Most everyone I know has switched to gaming on their PC's and Mac's.  With the disaster of what's going on with Sony, and the aging graphics of the Xbox but continued high prices, most people I know have switched to primarily gaming online with their computers.  With the surge in downloadable games, growth in delivery services like Steam and D2D, and hardware pushing ahead, where are the developers pushing forward?  Have they all bought into the idea that all game sales are on the consoles, and only the casual Facebook crowd game on PC's?  Or that the iPhone is the only place to innovate?  Having invested in some new hardware, I am searching for games that will let me see some eye candy.  After hearing on a recent episode of the Bombcast that Skyrim was going to be DX9 in November (due to consoles), and we're on DX11 in the PC world, I was pretty disappointed.  Funny how things have changed, and PC gamers are now the "ports" and "afterthoughts".  At this point, I don't even care what version of DX you use.  Just push the performance on the pc versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment