Friday, October 8, 2010

Choose my adventure

Instead for reaching for stories, I'll write about what I know. And what I know is Cataclysm, the next expansion for WoW, is set to release on Dec. 7th of this year.

I'm excited, but not necessarily for the reasons others might be. I only started playing the game this year (February, to be exact), so I don't have the years of experience that many others of this game do. I can't recall the epic 40-man raids where 10 or people went afk, or having to fly halfway across the world to go meet at the dungeon summoning stone that you want to go into and LFG (Looking For Group). I haven't been around when an expansion releases, and it takes hours to get logged on because the servers are full, or the thousands of people competing over that new mining node, or suddenly see the game flooded with everyone playing the new races available (or paying for a race change).

Some of these things about an expansion release are a bit off-putting to me. It's one thing in current game to occasionally fight at a Wintergrasp Titanium mine, but to deal with hundred's of people going for that new mine? Ugh. So farming mats, while plenty of money can be made on the Auction House from that activity, is just not appealing to start off the expansion with.

How about creating a new toon as a Goblin, the new Horde race? Well, EVERYONE will be doing that, so competition by waiting around for the game to spawn and hope you're the first to get it is not my cup of tea.

Oh, I know! How about leveling one of my 80's to 85? New zones, new quests, new everything! Well, there will be some of that, because I belong to two raiding guilds, though I'm only a main in one of them. But they are casual players, so there is no rush to be "Realm First" anything. So I'll do it, but I won't be in any major rush.

So as it stands, I have no idea what to do first. So if anyone reads this, I'll list options and let you decide:

1) Level my 80 Hunter to 85, which is my 'main', and get him raid ready.
2) Level my 80 Death Knight, which is a ton of fun to play currently, and get him raid ready and become my new 'main'
3) Level my 80 Warlock, which is in Kinto's guild and goes on the alt runs with his guild (though Kinto never goes with me :( )
4) Level my 60 Druid, which may be 80 near launch date, may not be.
5) Farm ore with my DK in the new stuff
6) Create a new Goblin Warrior
7) Create a new Goblin Rogue

No comments:

Post a Comment