Thursday, January 13, 2011

Time for a come back!

So... like the title suggests I really want to do something productive with my addiction that is all things gaming. While I enjoyed throughly posting on this website in the past, writing about my experiences with games just didn't stick. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, but rather it was a mix of lack of exposure / feedback on the articles I wrote, personal time conflicts and even my own dedication.

What I really want to do is a mix of maybe smaller straight to the point articles and focus more on video. What I really like about websites like ign and gametrailers (which i rrequent everyday!) is the video reviews and commentary voice overs. However rather than just game review videos why not just little video 'post its' (short 1 or 2 minute videos) of anything gaming. I really enjoyed video editing. I got kindly reminded of this while making a video of my winter vacation for my English classes.

It's all in the air right now. But I'm eager to get my hands dirty. I think I may use youtube as my main gateway (for now) to post videos and link them here to the site. Hopefully have something to show everyone near the end of January.

I'm really excited about this year for gaming in general. Some awesome titles coming out. Alot of them for PS3 which I brought back with me from my travels to the UK. Much to the dissapointment of my younger brother. :)

Anyways here's to another year, game on!

Johnny

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. I might not do the video thing, but I prefer to write. Now that I'm exposing myself to more than WoW, I'm back in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to do a lot more with the blog. I think we should just make anyone and everyone who wants to, be a contributor. I want exposure and I want feed back. I want fanboys to tell me my opinion sucks. Let's do this.

    ReplyDelete