Saturday, January 29, 2011

Alright boys and girl(s), its time for some..

Magicka is a action-adventure game in which you and 3 other wizards play through and try to stop an evil wizard! Yeah, I know, but its not the comical writing you'll be playing this game its the craziness that is likely to happen when you put 2-4 people in the same game trying to cast spells they don't know how or knew possible to cast.

Example: 2 guys running from meteors

Any how Direct2Drive has the game for sale $9.95(which gives you a steam key too use for steam) and a $2 off code: "wetkitty" you also get some bonus DLC if you buy it before Jan 31.

Game does have some bugs but the dev seem to be trying to work things out as fast as they can(already on patch 4).

There is a demo on steam should go and check it out in the mean time another video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7tQVDOAOCE&feature=player_detailpage#t=397s

5 comments:

  1. Alright, alright...you twisted my arm off and i bought it :) If Kinto actually writes something, you gotta pay attention, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I briefly watched the video on youtube but realised it was over 30 minutes long lol. I just don't have the time to watch a gameplay review that long. I'll download the demo tonight and give it a play through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update: Kinto and I got about 15 minutes to play together through the beginning of the game where you get each of your spell types. We experimented with the combos, and had one of the funnies moments in gaming ever when we blew each other up (I insta-died, and Kinto went flying about 100ft into the air on top of a castle lol). Seems like it will be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had reservations about buying this because I'm not a big fan of top down games such as Diablo but I'm glad I did. The tongue in cheek cutscenes and dialogue along with the spell combinations of different elements and merciless gameplay made for a very amusing experience with friends on co-op. And for only $10. I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost died laughing last night. The game is too funny. I'm so glad there isn't any downside from dying other than losing equipment. The spell combos keep me coming. LOL

    ReplyDelete