Friday, January 14, 2011

Return to Borderlands (sorta)

Yesterday, I was testing out my frames per second on various settings because I'm trying to figure out where I want them to be on certain games before I spend the dough on a new video card. I launched Borderlands to do some testing in the Unreal III engine and see where I'm at. I like to game at 1920X1080, and though my card has held up well (GTS 250 1gb ram), I've started to have to pull down some games from Ultra to high, and I don't like that. But I digress. So what was up with Borderlands?

First off, I'm rusty at it. No doubt, and that was evident. But I launched my lvl 60 character and went to the newest area I have (t-bone junction). I had a quest to turn in, so I decided to go do that while monitoring my fraps. I jumped into a vehicle and took off. I knew the vehicle could go faster, but I couldn't remember how to activate it. (After mashing buttons, I found that "F" key worked). Anyway, on the way, I had to get out and clear that first set of buildings to turn in the quest. OMG! This game got hard! WTF! I used to roll up and and just face roll everything. LOL! I must have died 20 times working through those buildings! It took me so long that when I finally made it to the end, the beginning enemies were respawning! Then I noticed that they were level 61...? I looked down and my character was building xp! I thought 60 was the cap? My inventory was full, so I never tried to pick up any weapons, but I found greens and blues that were dropping that were better than my Orange. Oooooohhhh. Shinyyyyyyyyy. My Precious......

So now, I want to know when we're going back. One, I'd like to start over at this point. But two, man, we gotta go back and wreck some stuff! Who's in?

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to pick up this game at some point. But it's on the very very tall pile of to do list. I need to complete Mass Effect 1 and Dead Space 2 first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in dude! I got the new expansion to boot during the steam sales. Yeah they rose the cap to 69 (hahaha) before the new expansion came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That definitely explains why I was getting my ass handed to me!

    ReplyDelete