Monday, January 25, 2010

BK Tetsujin

Hey, I’m BK Tetsujin. You can just call me BKT. I just got back from Japan after living there for fifteen months. My current gaming habits now are rhythm based games like the Bemani series such as IIDX, JuBeat, DDR, etc. Although I don’t care for Rock Band or Guitar Hero for reasons I will get into some other time. Those games are for a completely different demographic.

My favorite genre is pure adventure games such as The Secret of Monkey Island, Broken Sword, Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, etc. The story and puzzles always suck me in deep! It is a shame that the genre is dying. Thankfully the DS has been getting some gems as of late, but I really want a good next-gen adventure game to get me going! At least I have the re-make of The Secret of Monkey Island off STEAM (but I think for nostalgic reasons, I prefer the old-school graphics).

I used to play RPGs a lot in the Pre-PS2 days. But as of late, I don’t play JRPG’s that much. I think I will pick up Final Fantasy XIII when the Japanese release gets cheap, but I can’t think of any MUST HAVES for the future. If I’m going to turn on my PS3, I normally play games like Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, etc. I do like gaming on my PC too for FPS’s. Although I haven’t played much outside of Half Life, Left for Dead, Duke Nukem, Theif, and a few others.

As of late, I have been playing Death Label Ketsui and Taiko no Tatsujin for my DS. Not much on the console side except for trying to get back into IIDX (AKA: Beatmania in the states). When I get more free time, I like to try Demons Souls. It seems to have a lot of press that is hard to ignore. It sounds like an old-school Mega Man game. You play, you die, you learn how to advance, you die, rinse, repeat. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to pick it up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I've been a little curious about Demon Souls myself with all the recent press. My worry is it'll be more frustrating than fun. I guess we'll discuss it more when you post a topic about it.

    Anyways welcome to the blog site. Let's try to keep this going.

    ReplyDelete