Wednesday, January 27, 2010

steam! Steam!! STEAM!!!

Maybe I've been neglecting my steam account since I've moved to Japan but recently I really feel like there are some awesome deals right now on Steam. It's not really a money issue anymore as much as it is a time issue.

Right now if you pre-order Bioshock 2, you get a free copy of Bioshock and 10% off the price of Bioshock 2. *Awesome*

Tim Schaffer has really started to build steam as a video game director. Until the end of this week you can buy Psychonauts for $2. Never played it before but I hear the story is awesome and the gameplay is fun. For $2 I don't see why I shouldn't check it out.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how I did it, but I somehow resisted the insane sales during the holidays. Right now, I have to hold off on any purchases, since I try not to spend more than 50 dollars a month on gaming, and I've already overshot that :P Steam is sucking all my dollars away, deal by deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me I still have Beyond Good and Evil and Pyschonauts that I bought on a steam sale last year. I played Psychonauts but not Beyond Good and Evil.

    To top it off, I have a several unbeaten games on the PSN. Mega Man 9, Braid, 1942, and some others. Heh. Hard to resist when some games are so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I hear that. I'm notorious for not finishing games, and I used to never be like that. But with a real job comes actual money that can be used to buy titles instead of when we were kids and had to suck every piece of life out of every game, because a new game might come once every 3-6 months. Now we all go crazy because we can and buy more than we should.

    But it's so great :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah my major problem is not having time. Games stack up but my free time doesn't. RPGs are the hardest titles for me to finish due to the fact you have to commit at least 40 hours to complete the main story.

    I totaly agree that now we are adults we have the freedom to buy whatever game we want. If only we didn't need sleep.... ;)

    ReplyDelete