Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I've been WoW'ed

Sorry, I haven't written jack in well over a week. My excuse? Gate River Run (15k) and World of Warcraft. I completed the run on Saturday in 93 minutes, which put my like 5400th out of 13.3k people, so being a more than casual runner, I was pretty happy.

As far as WoW? Well, I gave it another shot, and with Kinto's help, I'm loving it. 10 years late to the party, but oh well. This will carry me over until we all get on FFXIV. Come join WOW!

Work picked up also so I'm not getting quite as much gaming in as I'd like, but that ebbs and flows.

Also, been co-op gaming with the wife in the evenings, so I'll be writing a review of those experiences soon. Titles include Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Lego Star Wars (PS2), and Pixeljunk Monsters.

3 comments:

  1. I use to be hardcore wow player back in my days at Uni, but after 4 years I simply became tired of End Game and similarities of the expansions which I personally felt didn't bring anything ground breaking to the game.

    That said it's an awesome experience. I loved the lore, doing the quests for the first time and exploring the world with my friend. Hope you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't do it.
    Look foward to your post on Monsters, such an awesome game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If everyone really does get into FFXIV I'd be willing to give it a run. But I'll tell you how the first two months are going to go down. We all start together and kind of maintain the same level for a while. I won't play FFXIV during the week because playing an MMO by yourself kind of defeats the purpose. Everyone will surpass me and then we'll be spending our weekends catching me up because the gap will be killing everyone's xp gain. I'll get frustrated and everyone will get frustrated and then I'll quit.

    This is what always happens to me when I start to play an MMO with everyone. Yay!

    ReplyDelete