Monday, March 8, 2010

God of War I + God of War II = God of War III

Next week the king of brutality comes back. I finally had a chance to play the 2009 E3 demo. What can I say about one of the most anticipated games for western PS3 fanboys? Well it looks really, really awesome on my HDTV.

I wouldn't say that I had a bad time with the GoWIII Demo but I can say that I think I over hyped this game in my mind. The game looks very amazing and it's what you expect from a first party developed next gen game. But the game plays exactly like the first two God of War games. But the game plays EXACTLY like the first two God of War games. No my computer isn't broken, I just wanted to stress this point. This isn't a bad thing but since I imagined that since this game was going to go next gen. Santa Monica studios would have done something gameplay wise to blow my brain open. Then again this is a demo and you don't want to lay all your chips out before someone else takes a bet. But throw me a frickin bone here.

This game looks awesome. Visually only Uncharted 2 can match the detail and overall eye candy of this game. This game's art direction is much darker but I think it does what Dante's Inferno was trying to pull off. A lot of PS3 haters were claim that most of the screen shots of GoWIII had to be photoshoped. They couldn't be more wrong. I don't really understand how I can say that a grotesque scene like a dude getting his head ripped is beautiful. But it was and I can't wait to do it again in the final version. I'll be picking this game up next week. I'll post a review as soon as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to that. I played the demo and agree it looked great. I mean really, really great. But it's not my type of game. I'll admit I am not good at the action button mashing games like this and fighting games, so I don't play them. The fact I even tried the demo says something about the lure of the graphics and hype.

    I have a post I'll put up closer to the release date of Gran Turismo 5, but this game has the same problems. Time to deliver is too long. This will be Kratos' swan song on consoles, and if not, it won't sell as well. By leaving the mechanics and gameplay exactly the same, people will by this for the graphics, blow through the story (if there is one), and then they will not want to pick up another GoW again. Maybe on PSP, but not consoles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never played any of them and although I hear the visuals are amazing, it's not enough for me to buy the game.

    I'm not really into the hack and slash games either but it really depends on the title. I never thought I'd ever play a Prince of Persia game, but I played the last one on PC and loved it.

    If I ever purchase a PS3 in the near future, I'll be sure to check this title out.

    ReplyDelete