Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Final Fantasy (and FF II) for iPhone


According to IGN, the first two installments of Final Fantasy will hit the iPhone app store this Thursday (25 Feb).

I can't tell you how much this game changed my life. I rented it so much the store finally gave it to me because I basically 'bought' it. It changed hands with all of my friends. I still have the cartridge to this day. My love of RPG really started with this, though I guess you could throw Link in there sort of, though he's more Adventure than RPG.

Anyway, I have always loved the FF series, even if the stories, acting, and characters haven't necessarily matured with me. And I have always thought that the 8 bit games would make perfect smartphone ports. RPG's are great for this because you can usually save anywhere (in the world, just watch out for getting stuck in a dungeon when you arrive at your destination or else you're screwed!)

If you haven't played these, and you enjoy RPG's, and you have an iPhone, pick these up. I promise you won't be disappointed (unless you despise grinding!)

3 comments:

  1. I've been debating whether or not to pick this game up on my iPhone. I like how they updated the look and I also think $10 is not a bad price point. However, I still have too many games in my library that I haven't finished.

    On a side note, I finished HL2 and it was awesome. I'll send you my extra copy through Steam. I don't know why but the game is still so awesome. Also, I played this game hooked up to my HDTV and ran it in 1080p. It's no Modern Warfare 2 but it still looks good. Real good in 1080p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in picking these games up on my iPhone also but can't help but feel that these types of games require devoted hours of play and aren't really suited for playing on the go. Alas like gaicha, I have way too many games to play as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news it will still be there when the game push dies down and we go into another drought!

    ReplyDelete