Wednesday, February 24, 2010

March Games

March is quickly coming upon us. There were a lot of great releases this April and it's really unfortunate I couldn't play all of them. I'm still looking forward to playing games like Heavy Rain and Borderland's new DLC. The beginning of 2010 has given the year a really strong start and it doesn't seem like the momentum is going to be dying down anytime soon.

What are you looking forward to this month?


First, let me list a few major games for March 2010.

March 9th:

Final Fantasy XIII PS3/Xbox 360
Yakuza 3 PS3
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition PS3/Xbox 360
Calling Wii

March 11th:

Mega Man 10 Wii-ware/PSN/XBLA

March 16th:

God of War III PS3
Metro 2033 PC
Fragile Dreams Wii


March 23rd:

Red Steel 2 Wii
Just Cause 2 PC/PS3/Xbox360

I know many of you are counting down the days to Final Fantasy XIII fortunate for me I live in Japan and had a chance to play it before. (Mwahahaha)

The major release I'm looking forward to is God of War III and Red Steel 2. I'm not a huge God of War fan but what the game does it does well. With every new video that gets released the game keeps looking better and better. I'm a pretty big fan of the action/platformer and I was rather disappointed with the reviews of Dante's Inferno. I may or may not still pick this game up. But Kratos is coming and soon and his vengeance against the Greek gods will be in 1080p on my TV. Can't wait!

The Wii is really losing in the 3rd party side of development. I wish companies would stop throwing their shovel ware into the system. Hopefully, Red Steel 2 can finally force me to eject Super Mario Bros. Wii from my console. I bought Red Steel 1 on day one of the Wii's release. The game was far from perfect but I remember liking some parts of it. Shooting with the Wii-mote was a lot of fun and easy. However, the sword fights, which I looked forward to the most, were so disappointing. The Wii-mote lacking the one to one motion drained my spirit of fun. Now with the Wii-motion plus and the delayed developments I'm hoping for a really good Wii game from Red Steel 2. From the videos I saw on IGN and GT I think the game can be a lot of fun. Then again I saw some flaws in the shooting mechanic. In the videos I saw that the invisible box that determines how fast your character point of view changes, hasn't changed from the first game. The box is was to big for the type of FPS controls I am used to. Hopefully, there's an option to allow you to change the size of this box..

Well I hope you guys enjoy FFXIII like I did, but are there any other games you want this month?

2 comments:

  1. uhh...FFXIII? Oh yeah, you already played it :P

    For me, it's FFXIII, and the two DLC's for Borderlands (Dr. Ned's and the General). Other than that, I'm going to stick MW2. My gaming budget has severly been cut since the wife quit working, so I have to be much choosier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Battlefield Bad Company 2 - PC, PS3, 360
    Infinite Space - NDS:
    http://ds.ign.com/objects/142/14253677.html
    and FFXIII though in all honesty I'll probably end up buying a PS3 to play that as opposed to buying the 360 version.

    Check out that link for Infinite Space if your into JRPGs and space battles then this shouldn`t be missed. If I recall it was highly rated in Japan. I have the Japanese version but for the love of me can't figure out whats going on. Some great anime animation scenes too.

    ReplyDelete